What is CARPOA? We are an association of hundreds of conscientious rental property owners and managers who operate thousands of rental units within the greater Capital area. Our goal is to improve our knowledge of rental property management and to protect our investments. Our objective is to have a more profitable and brighter future.
Our goal is to educate members on all aspects of real estate and real estate investments. We also represent and advocate on behalf of our members before government bodies, and to enhance the image of investment property owners within the community.
Qualification for Membership
- Rental property owner or manager
- Potential rental property owner
- Business trade or individual who provides services or equipment to any of the three above
Benefits of membership
CARPOA educates its members on managing their rental properties legally, economically and efficiently.
We do this with:
- Newsletters “ Receive current informative articles on how to manage your properties.
- Monthly programs “ Attend programs with information you can use on landlord tenant law, tenant selection, leases, property maintenance, financing, insurance, legislation and more. Our speakers include accountants, bankers, appraisers, attorneys and district magistrates to name a few.
- Legal Advice “ A local attorney, who specializes in real estate, is on retainer to attend our meetings and to answer your questions.
- CARPOA Lease “ Use our lease â€“ FREE!
- Legislative Updates “ Learn how new or proposed state and federal legislation will affect your business.
- Representation & Advocacy before Government “ CARPOA advocates for its members on contentious rental property issues.
- Membership in National Real Estate Investors Assoc (NREIA) “ You will be part of an investors association that is active in 44 states, providing more discounts and benefits as well as education.
- Membership in the Pennsylvania Residential Owners Association (PROA) “ Be part of an 8,000 member association that provides leadership to the rental property industry within PA
- A Proactive Voice in Government “ PROA represents the rental property industry. It lobbies within the state legislature and coordinates our grass roots legislative efforts. National REIA has a lobbyist on the congressional level.
- Networking “ CARPOA provides the opportunity to make those contacts you need to succeed! Attend our meetings!
Through PROA and our grass roots support, we have successfully lobbied for legislation:
- Reducing the tenant™s eviction time
- Having the tenant™s wages garnished for property damages and back rent
- Having the rent held in escrow during the eviction appeal
- Making the tenants responsible for separating their garbage and maintaining their smoke detectors
- Amending the Handicap Access Bill
Stopping the Lease Tax
We are currently working on updating our current by-laws to reflect changes in techology.